Beyond the Bathroom Awareness
In order to show the world that Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis are more serious than a condition that just makes a person go to the bathroom, we have organized the Beyond the Bathroom Campaign to raise awareness about the two inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD).
The reputation of these diseases does not share the extent to which patients suffer. For the mainstream, they’re diseases that “make you go to the bathroom a lot.” But we know Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis can affect a person’s entire body with a wide range of symptoms and frequently leave a patient mentally anguished as they go through it on their own.
We challenge you to help raise awareness for
Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis!
Together we can show the world that IBD goes well Beyond the Bathroom.
Please read below to create your Beyond the Bathroom photo!
- Select any non-bathroom related symptom you can think of and write it in the open space on your sign. You can download the #BeyondTheBathroom sign to print out by clicking here or download it by clicking the image below.
- Take a picture just OUTSIDE of a bathroom.
- In the description of the picture discuss your symptom more in-depth, and share how it affects your life on a regular basis.
- Challenge your network of friends and family to do the same and help us raise awareness for Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and ostomies.
If any of them do not have an IBD, urge them to research a little and understand these diseases more. It is our goal for those who do not know much about IBD to learn more.
- Share your photo on social media. As we are trying to raise awareness outside of the IBD community, please remember that posting photos within private IBD groups on Facebook won’t have as strong of an impact. Make sure you hashtag your photo on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using #BeyondTheBathroom.
- Lastly, share your photo with the IIF to be part of the Beyond the Bathroom Campaign.
- You can also click here to be taken to the Beyond the Bathroom Campaign on Facebook and post your picture as a comment for others to see your awareness.
- Send to Info@IntenseIntestines.org for the chance to be showcased on our website and get sent We Will Beat IBD swag.
- Tag us on Facebook at Intense Intestines Foundation.
- Tag us on Twitter using @NtenseNtestines.
- Tag us on Instagram using @intense_intestines.
- Remember to tag your photo on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with the hashtag #BeyondTheBathroom.
We appreciate your help in our mission to help as many patients with IBD and ostomies as possible. If you choose to take a photo and like our mission, please consider supporting the Intense Intestines Foundation with a donation by clicking here.