The IIF is NOW accepting applications for the Intense Intestines Scholarship!
We are excited to announce that the IIF is now accepting applications for our first Intense Intestines Scholarship. This scholarship is designed to help those with moderate to severe Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis achieve the higher education they desire. Earning a degree is not an easy process and takes time. At the IIF we understand that over a 4, or more, year period many IBD students will have setbacks while working towards their degree. We want to help with the extra time it may take an IBD student to receive their degree or certification. This is why we are offering the Intense Intestines Scholarship. Our goal is to help with the rising costs of obtaining a higher education, while living with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis or an ostomy.
Moderate to severe Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis can commonly cause a student to:
- Miss classes due to illness
- Skip entire semesters
- Withdraw from classes
- Take in completes
- Be forced to take a part time class schedule instead of full time
We are seeking applicants who have had setbacks due to their illness of IBD, have demonstrated a willingness to succeed. Applicants should show strong moral values at home and in their community. All applications will be reviewed in person by the IIF Board of Directors and will choose the candidate we feel best exhibits the values that the IIF stands for. Please read the following requirements and complete the attached application. Thank you and Good Luck.
- Be age 18-25; seeking an associates, undergraduate, or graduate degree. Applicant may be currently enrolled in a program or trade school seeking licensure or certification.
- Be diagnosed, by a physician or specialist, with moderate to severe IBD, Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- A Legal US citizen, or be able to provide documented proof of ability to study in the US.
- Have had a GPA of 3.0 in high school, or college if currently enrolled.
Below is the application for the Intense Intestines Scholarship. Please fill out all areas as none are optional.
Accepting applications from April 5th through June 21st, 2013.
Our Board will review all applications at the July Board of Directors Meeting.
Those that will be receiving the Intense Intestines Scholarship will be notified by August 1st, 2012.
If you have any questions, please email us at Info@IntenseIntestines.org.