We are happy to bring you episode 4 of the We Will Beat IBD podcast. If you haven’t listened to an episode yet, this is a great one to start with. Brian Greenberg is joined by Laura Cox who you might know from a Tosh.0 skit a few years back about ostomies to discuss dating, relationship and intimacy with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and ostomies.
The great part about this episode is that both of their partners, Brian’s girlfriend Sarah Benjamin and Laura’s boyfriend Ryan Houseman, joined them to discuss their perspective and thoughts as a healthy half of a relationship when it comes to dating a Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis patient with an ostomy.
Some of the topics covered include:
- How to prepare for a first date
- When and how to discuss your IBD and/or ostomy
- How patients need to be ready to educate
- What to do if a person reacts negatively
- How to put a positive spin on IBD
- The key to communication
- How to get ready for intimacy
- What to do if there is a problem during intimacy
- AND MORE